The Files tab is where you can access and manage all of your project files: construction documents and jobsite photos.
Accessing Project Files
Finding project files in BuildingBlok is quick and easy:
- Click the Files tab in the left navigation bar.
- Choose the relevant project.
Tip: Quickly filter your results by searching by Project # or Project Name as illustrated in the gif above 😉
- Select the folder that you'd like to access (i.e. ASIs, Daily Reports, Photos, etc.).
How to Upload New Files
Uploading new files to projects is breeze. Once you've chosen the project that you'd like to upload new files to [from the Files page - see above], follow these steps:
- Select the folder that you would like to upload your new files to
- Click the blue Upload button in the top-right corner:
After clicking Upload, a new Upload window will pop up:
- Set your Default Permissions to determine who can access the files and what actions they can take. Read more about this below.
- There are two ways to select files to be uploaded. (1) You can drag and drop files from your computer to the gray rectangular box at the bottom of the window, or
(2) you can click anywhere within the gray box to open a file folder from which you can select files saved on your device.
- Once you've selected your files click the Start Upload. That's it!
File Permission Settings
There are 3 default permission settings:
- Private: only you can see and access the files.
- Publicly viewable: project members can view the files but cannot edit them.
- Publicly editable: project members can view, edit and delete the files.
Here's how to give unique file permissions select users:
- From the Upload pop up window, use the Search for a User on this project filter to choose an existing user from the list of project members.
- Once selected, the user's name will be displayed in the window, in the Who has access section.
- To the immediate right of each name listed is the user's unique permission setting for this file. Click that box to display a drop-down list from which you can select whether the user can view only, can't view, or can edit the files.
How to Share Project Files
As illustrated in the gif above, sharing existing project files is really easy:
- Choose the file that you want to share.
- Click the blue Share button in the top-right corner.
- Update the default permission setting for file (optional).
- Use the search box under the Invite Users section to find and choose the project members that you want to share the file with.
- Under the Who has access section, set their unique file permissions (i.e. can view, can edit, etc. - see section above).
- The final step is to click the Update Permissions button at the bottom of the window.
Now that you know how to view and share project files, click here to learn more of the BuildingBlok Basics.